Author: Diya
•8:21 PM
Whenever I'm in a blue funk - which according to those 'in' the know is way too often - there is one sure shot remedy to set me straight... Talking or rather helping a friend gain newer perspectives to whatever it is that's ailing them at that point . . . Weird huh???

But this was what got me thinking a lot of late... About "my friends" . . . Each and every one of them, who have stood by me at one time or the other... Each and every one of them from whom I have learnt valuable life lessons...

And that's when I realized [yet again] that I am truly lucky :-)

Most people count themselves lucky if they have had 'a' friend with whom they can share some of their deepest secrets, and yet others feel blessed to have had someone to lean on in their darkest moment... And here I am, able to count the number of people on whom I have leaned on during so very many times... Am I super lucky or what??? [Touch wood]

Every time in my life that I have felt the need for a listening ear, a strong shoulder, a tight hug, a soft lap . . . I have always found them in multitudes...

I have had friends hearing me crib on n on n on n on, till their ears are nothing but a lil teensy bit of skin hanging around the huge hole drilled there . . . I have had friends hold me tight and give me a big hug when I have found myself in situations where words simply cannot empathise . . . I have cried my heart out on so many of their shoulders... And have found that every single time, I come away the richer . . .

I am not in touch with some of them... I have drifted apart from some others... I am not as close to a few others... I have had more than my fair share of tiffs and outright nasty quarrels...

But, I have also drawn closer to some I had never thought possible... I have rekindled a pleasant friendship with many... I have strengthened some already strong bonds too...

I have also found new friends along the way...

I'd count my lucky stars I would say earlier... Now, it will be 'I'll count my friends'...

FRIENDS - who have each touched me in ways innumerous, and shown me how to be a better individual... who have all taught me valuable lessons which still continue to provide a beacon of light to me... who have helped me live my learnings... who have helped me practice what I preach and believe...

I know a minimum of 1 person for almost every letter of the alphabet [excepting E, F, O, Q, T, W, X, Y, Z; and consider that I do not know any one whose name begins with E, O, Q, T, W, X, Z] who has been there for me at some point or the other in my life . . . If that does not make me lucky, then what will????????? :D

THANK YOU !!! For everything...

Know always that you will be in my thoughts .....

And now when I'm in a blue funk again, I will simply remember to count my 'friends'...

And then I won't feel so sad . . .
|
This entry was posted on 8:21 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 comments:

On November 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM , Bit Hawk said...

I hope you dont have any acquaintances whose names start with E, Q, W, X, Y, Z etc...if they read this, they would think that you dont consider them as your friend :)

On a serious note, its a good thing that you take learning and memories from past friendships...I have to learn that I guess, coz I generally become bitter thinking about so many friends with whom I have grown apart and wonder if I was responsible for that...

 
On November 3, 2009 at 6:59 PM , Art said...

After all thats what friends do dear. They try to be there for you whenever possible. I am using the word try because, sometimes its practically not possible to be with you at all situations. But remember that they are always there for you at all times.

Now the main question - Why are you in the blue funk again? Why are you sad? What happened?

 
On November 4, 2009 at 9:08 AM , Diya said...

@ Bit Hawk: The guilt that I am responsible for the lost friendships is a constant with me too... However, when I get too very drawn into that vortex is when I try to remember all the good things of that relationship... And I resolve afresh that I will not let any bitterness creep in within me for that person...

Responsibility for finally and irrevocably drifting apart lies with both... That I guess will be the first learning for u . . .

@ Art: I know !! That's why I said I'm lucky to have 'friends' :-)

U know me well enough... Do I need a reason for my 'blues' ???

 
On November 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM , Harsha said...

mein "hit list" (EQWXYZ...) nahin hoon.. bach-gaya!!!

B-matthey-C gumpinalli yaaru idarey antha nange kuthoohala... :-P

 
On November 6, 2009 at 11:42 AM , Diya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On November 6, 2009 at 11:48 AM , Diya said...

@ Harsha: Aap hit list main ho hi nahin sakte ... Do u even remember the number of times that I have looked to u for support??? :-)

Nimma prashnege uttara...in person ;)

 
On November 12, 2009 at 11:27 PM , Nuthan said...

I had to re-assure myself that my name started with 'N' :-) It's just that you have always lived by your inner values and that's how U have so many trust-worthy friends .. (btw.. this post is an adorable retrospection..Nice one Divya)

 
On November 13, 2009 at 1:00 PM , Art said...

Just so you know... all these friends about whom you have mentioned are your choice.. not wise ones, not calculated ones.. but are your choice... That's what I meant in my post too...

Adikke reply kooda maadidini..
Hope you are out of the blues now :)

 
On November 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Diya said...

@ Nuthan: I know I'm really lucky that I can call upon so many of my 'friends' at all times in my life... And even if u need a reassurance, I will always know the value of your 'N' . . .

@ Art: They have not always been my 'choice'... By choice, I assume that I interact with someone, am impressed by something in them and work on cultivating that friendship and making it more meaningful and enriching. In that sense, my friendships are never 'choices'... For me, they simply happen... Most times it would have taken a revealing moment for me to even realize how very much I have come to value a person, and to add them to my list of 'friends'...

Have seen your reply...

 
On December 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM , Chethankirugavalu said...

Very nice...i hope my name is included.:)

 
On December 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM , Diya said...

@ Chethan : Keep guessing !!