Author: Diya
•9:40 AM
For a long long long time, I was in a phase where I would always question everything... Everything that would happen to me, that is... And the question in my mind at the end of the day would always be "Why me???"...

It took a lot of growing up for me to stop asking "Why me???"... The questions though have not ceased... And they always always begin with a 'WHY'.....

Why are Sunday night's the shortest always???
Why am I always late the very time that I promise to be on time???
Why are there not enough hours in a day for me to do all that I want to for myself???
Why are there too many long hours in the same day, when I am at work???
Why is the week before your vacation the longest???
Why do we feel so helpless when we are unable to take away a loved one's pain???
Why does the rest of the world always see me in a light different from my own???
Why do people drift apart as they grow older???
Why should we wear 2 rings on each toe, if they are single silver rings???
Why is it that a 27 year old, loving Enid Blyton's books raises eyebrows everywhere???
Why is it that 'well meaning relatives', are almost always never on ur list of people who care for u???
Why do elders frown when I ask them the rationale behind a certain age old practice or tradition???
Why is it that people always ask about the person who is not present at a social gathering, rather than first welcome the ones who have graced the event???
Why can't I find the right clothes or the right anything when I'm in a blue funk??? [Most especially 'clothes' though]
Why do I feel all alone and lost at times, even when I'm surrounded by all the love in the world???

And the list is endless...

I just wish though...

Why can't I find answers to any of these questions of mine . . . ??? . . .
|
This entry was posted on 9:40 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 comments:

On November 17, 2009 at 1:35 PM , Srik said...

Questioning is the first trait of a Human that made him the superior of all the other beings.

We should never stop questioning, but accept anything comes with lots of introspection.

Having come from the National College of H Narasimhaiah, I feel the best emblem of a human life is "?"!

The questioning enhances our own personality, enriches our abilities. I mean you should be proud of your questioning nature!!

 
On November 17, 2009 at 2:51 PM , Diya said...

@ Srik: I am neither proud about nor ashamed of my questioning nature... All I'm looking for are answers to at least some of them :-)

"?"! ---> So very apt !!

 
On November 17, 2009 at 2:55 PM , Bit Hawk said...

And you tell me that I use "why" very much ;)
I can relate to many of those "why", though I have not been able to answer most of them (including my favorite - "why is today not a saturday?" :) )

Btw, I find your not finding the right anything in blue funk quite amusing (and a little annoying when I am in an orange funk :D)

 
On November 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM , Diya said...

@ Bit Hawk: If only every 'Why' in life had an answer... Sigh ...

 
On November 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM , Nuthan said...

Most of your 'Why' stuff can be answered 'objectively' with a rational mindset.
But then we humans are so biased in our thinking and that stupid fear of 'what-will-people-say-if-I-do-that' :(
But the good thing is 'why' stuff is the actual trigger for our rational thought process... so for me it’s a blessing...

 
On November 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM , Art said...

Well.. let just say its not just your why... This is the list of whys, most of us have :)

Ofcourse the day we find the answer to these whys, we will have a new set of questions

 
On November 30, 2009 at 3:26 PM , Bit Hawk said...

Its only the whys that make us wise :)

 
On May 12, 2010 at 9:10 PM , Chandan Nikhil said...

I see Mr Vasuki's mentoring is going too well.Hat's off to you and Mr vasuki.This comment of mine is just to make myself surrounded by intellectuals.

 
On July 5, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Diya said...

@ Chandan Nikhil: Welcome here :)And 'intelectual' is too big a word for me :D